Saturday, October 25, 2008

Turkey Soup

Turkey Leftover - Day 6 - Turkey soup for the soul

No turkey left behind! My partner took the initiative to put the leftover turkey bones in a big pot of water and boil it into soup because I argued that those leftover bones would not make a good soup since they had been roasted/cooked before. To my delightful surprise, the soup was actually quite delicious and even heart warming. I love a nice hot bowl of clear and simple soup and this leftover turkey soup was definitely clear and simple in appearance but rich and complex in flavor. Never again will I underestimate those leftover turkey bones!

Ingredients:
1) Thanksgiving turkey leftover bones.
2) Water.
3) 2-3 carrots, peeled and cut.
4) Cilantro.
5) Salt, black and white pepper and Mrs. Dash.

Direction:
Place all ingredients in a big pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for a few more minutes. Serve warm in a bowl.

No comments: